caught Bumgarner on one of his good days

regulamin gg czatu

caught Bumgarner on one of his good days

Postprzez lw789 » Pt maja 12, 2017 01:42

Sidney Crosby is the face of the NHL and hockey in Canada, so its only natural that hell be the countrys captain at next months Sochi Olympics. The Pittsburgh Penguins captain, who scored the gold-medal-winning overtime goal against the United States in Vancouver four years ago, got the nod to wear the "C" this time around. Jonathan Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks and Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators were named alternate captains, Hockey Canada announced Sunday morning. "Sidney, Jonathan and Shea have been leaders on the international stage in the past, as well as with their NHL teams," coach Mike Babcock said in a statement. "These three players will be at the forefront of our efforts in Sochi, but we are confident we have 25 players on our roster that will lead in their own way and allow our team to be successful." There will be no shortage of leadership in Sochi given the presence of six NHL captains, but it starts with Crosby. "Playing for Team Canada, playing in the Olympics is a great opportunity," Crosby told reporters at Penguins practice. "But being able to be named the captain is definitely an honour." Crosby was made the youngest captain in NHL history when he got the "C" for the Pittsburgh Penguins six and a half years ago. In 2009 he raised the Stanley Cup as captain. At the 2010 Olympics, Crosby was an alternate along with defenceman Chris Pronger and winger Jarome Iginla. The 26-year-old Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, native doesnt expect his mind-set to change much. Veteran defenceman Scott Niedermayer captained that team and said before his Hockey Hall of Fame induction in November that he had no doubt Crosby is ready to assume that role. "Hes very mature," Niedermayer said. "He was probably ready when he was 16. He was probably ready in 2010, and the thinking was hes going to have enough pressure on him just from who he is and things like that that he doesnt need one more thing to worry about, give it to some old guy thats just trying to figure things out out there. Im sure he would do very well." Toews seemed like the only other logical option, based on performing in 2010 and leading the Blackhawks to two Stanley Cups. Last week he acknowledged the possibility of being named captain. "Im ready for any role," Toews said in Montreal. "Last time, I played five, six, maybe seven minutes at the start of the tournament in Vancouver. By the end of it, the coaches had more confidence in me. They put me in more defensive situations. This time around wont be different. Whether Im captain -- or not -- whatever. Im going to Russia to win a gold medal like everyone else." This will be the second Olympics for most of the core, including the leadership group. "Honestly, it doesnt get old," Crosby said in Vancouver of just making the team. "That feeling doesnt get old. The appreciation and being proud to represent your country, its the same for everybody." Asked if he preferred "Captain Canada" over his current nickname of "Sid the Kid," Crosby said: "Ill let you guys worry about that." Ryan Smyth of the Edmonton Oilers has that moniker, and Crosby expects it to stick with the Hockey Canada mainstay despite this announcement. Russia already named Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings as captain. Its Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins for Slovakia and Tomas Plekanec of the Montreal Canadiens for the Czech Republic. The United States has yet to name its captain, though general manager David Poile singled out Ryan Suter, Zach Parise, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan and David Backes as the U.S. leadership group. The mens ice hockey tournament in Sochi begins Feb. 12. Canada opens against Norway on Feb. 13. Caroline Ouellette was named captain of Canadas womens team. Haley Wickenheiser will be a permanent alternate, while Jayna Hefford and Catherine Ward will rotate the second "A." "There is a tremendous amount of experience in our dressing room, and there is no shortage of qualified candidates to wear a letter," womens coach Kevin Dineen said in a statement. "The players we have selected as captain and alternates in Sochi have shown their dedication and commitment to the team and its end goal throughout a long season, and we feel they are the ideal choices to lead our team through the Olympic experience." Canadas womens team opens play Feb. 8 against Switzerland. Greg Westlake was named captain of Canadas sledge hockey team. Brad Bowden and Adam Dixon are the alternates. "This is the leadership team we have had in place since 2011, and we have the utmost confidence in them leading our team into Sochi," sledge team coach Mike Mondin said in a statement. "Greg, Brad and Adam have worn the Team Canada jersey with pride every time they have put it on, and have earned the right to wear a letter on the games biggest stage." -- With files from Kelsey Patterson in Montreal and Joshua Clipperton in Vancouver. Adidas Superstar Dames Roze . -- Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 47 laps to go and ended Chase Elliotts two-race winning streak in NASCARs Nationwide Series with a dominating victory early Saturday at Richmond International Raceway. Adidas Superstar Zwart Wit . Not that he was complaining. Davis had 13 points, nine rebounds and a career-high eight blocks, and the New Orleans Pelicans emphatically snapped a three-game skid with a 135-98 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night. http://www.superstarschoenenkopen.be/ad ... elgie.html. Buffalos defensive co-ordinator had his second interview with Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner on Tuesday night, a person familiar with the Browns plans told The Associated Press. Adidas Superstar Dames Zwart . So they rushed to re-sign the first baseman who general manager Ben Cherington described Friday as "a unique player." The World Series champions finalized a $32 million, two-year agreement Thursday with the slugging former catcher who turned into a surprisingly good defender. Adidas Superstar Wit Dames . The injury will keep the Finnish forward out of the Olympics. The 29-year-old has 20 goals and 41 points in 56 games this season, his first with Tampa Bay. PHOENIX -- Everything was working for Madison Bumgarner. The lanky left-hander pitched into the ninth inning in a dominant performance, leading the San Francisco Giants to a 4-1 victory against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday. "I feel like I got better as the game went on," Bumgarner said. "We were making pitches both sides of the plate, the ball down when we wanted to go down and when we wanted to go up. I felt pretty good all-around today." When Bumgarner took the mound for the ninth, the only hit he had allowed was an infield single that easily could have been an out. "Im not going to lie. I thought about it," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "That would have been a tough only hit to give up." Another infield hit ended Bumgarners outstanding day. He was charged with an unearned run to go along with seven strikeouts and two walks. "He was exceptional," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "Maybe the best I have ever seen him." Sergio Romo gave up Martin Prados RBI single but got his second save in two nights and his 22nd in 26 opportunities overall. Cody Ross got Arizonas first hit when he reached on a dribbler to the left of the mound in the second. Bumgarner went to his right to get the ball, slid, and then stood up and threw low to first baseman Joaquin Arias. "I just tried to get to it as soon as I could," Bumgarner said. "I thought sliding and picking it up and standing up would be the quickest to do it. I didnt want to air-mail it to Arias over there. I kind of threw it in the dirt and gave him a tough hop to get. Nine times out of 10 he comes up with that." Arizonas Paul Goldschmidt called it "one of the better performances Ive seen." Diamondbacks rookie Mike Bolsinger (1-3) allowed a run and five hits in 7 2-3 innings. "He is good and that is why he will probably be an All-Star again this year,&quuot; Bolsinger said of Bumgarner.dddddddddddd. "All I could do is really keep the team in the game. I tried to and we just caught Bumgarner on one of his good days." San Francisco won two in a row against Arizona after losing six straight. It was the third victory in the last 12 games for the NL West-leading Giants, who play the next 10 at home. "It was time for us to start working our way out of this," Bumgarner said. "Everybodys still been in good spirits, a good attitude, so thats a big series to win for us." San Francisco led 1-0 through eight innings. The run scored when Tyler Colvin doubled home Brandon Crawford from first in the fifth inning. Colvin was out trying to stretch it to a triple on a superb relay throw by shortstop Didi Gregorius. San Francisco tagged on three in the ninth, including Joe Paniks run-scoring double for his first career RBI in his first major league start. Buster Posey also doubled home a run and Crawford had an RBI single. In the Arizona ninth, pinch-hitter Jordan Pacheco reached on an error by shortstop Crawford and Ender Inciarte singled off the glove of third baseman Pablo Sandoval. Bochy then pulled Bumgarner, who was trying for his third career complete game. Romo came on and gave up Prados hit, but Paul Goldschmidt hit into a double play and Aaron Hill struck out to end it. NOTES: The Giants have decided not to put OF Angel Pagan on the DL, at l
lw789

Postprzez » Pt maja 12, 2017 01:42

Powrót do REGULAMIN